A Privacy Impact Assessment is an important risk assessment process required by the General Data Protection Regulation.
Why is it important? It allows the companies to evaluate the risks, which they face with, to discover the strength and weaknesses of the organisation, to investigate the weak points, to take appropriate measures for improving the privacy protection of the individual's data.
Privacy Impact Assessment helps the company to prevent and avoid the damages of possible data breaches and data losses.
Privacy Impact Assessment is an important element in improving the data protection system of the company, which helps to meet the GDPR requirements, to prevent the risks and to avoid the fines.
This module is part of the EDMworks Data Management Agenda for Privacy
- An understanding the importance of Privacy Impact Assessments
- Discovery of the privacy by design approach
- An understanding of the benefits of Privacy Impact Assessment for individuals and companies
- An approach to evaluating the risks which the business faces
- An approach to deciding when Privacy Impact Assessments should be done
- Defining the organisation to control the Privacy Impact Assessment
- The stages of PIA and how to incorporate them into their business
- Team responsibilities for conducting PIA
The course is segmented into two modules. The contents of the modules are described in the course contents.
- A one day seminar/workshop, highly interactive with case study exercises and feedback
- An eLearning self-paced module on the General Data Protection Regulation to provide background on GDPR and managing data about people
The workshop is a full day from 9-5pm.
The eLearning module has an approximate duration of 1 hour.
The workshop has a certificate of completion.
The eLearning module has an optional certification test.
On the eLearning modules there are self-assessments in each module that you can take as many times as you like.
This is confidential and does not form part of your test score.
The course modules and certification test are globally available without restriction.
They can be accessed 24/7.
The cost of the course for one delegate is GBP 650 includes the workshop and two eLearning courses (approx value GBP 200.00) (plus VAT where applicable).
If you would like to pay against an invoice then please email us with Purchase Order details at email@example.com.
If you are interested in making a bulk corporate order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The workshop and eLearning Courses
- A recognised certificate
- Entries in the EDMworks Register
- The option to make this record public for job requirements
- Scope, objectives, principles and rights
- Obligations, roles and accountabilities
- Transfers and contracts
- Liabilities and penalties
- Privacy by design and default
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Breach Incident Management
- Self regulatory aspects and liaison with supervisors
- Examples of other self-regulatory regulations
- Data at the heart. Interaction with process and management
- Data flows and stores
- Data architecture and systems inventory
- Why is PIA needed? Aims of PIA
- Privacy, informational Privacy
- Privacy by Design and its role in PIA
- Benefits of PIA for individuals and companies
- Cases of assessment of the impact of the envisaged processing operations on the protection of personal data
- Special categories of data
- Data Protection Officer
- Supervisory authority
- Elements of Assessment
- PiA Preparation
- PIA Process
- Review and Audit
© 2022 Digital Innovation Systems Ltd email@example.com | +44 (0) 20 3397 3462